Friday, January 8, 2010

Okay, it has been awhile, hasn't it? I really don't have a whole lot to blog about. My life is very average. Most of the time it is just housework, work and a smattering of hobbies. I am crocheting a doily. Yes, a doily. My daughter-in-law loves hand made things. Generally about 2 weeks before Christmas I start thinking about things I "should have" made but now have no time to finish. So I started this doily the day after. I am almost done with it but about the time I was half way done I was cruising the internet looking for bigger and better projects. I had to force myself to stay on track with the doily. I tend to start projects and not finish them. I have a bedspread that is probably close to 30 years in the making. I haven't worked on it for at least 20 years. It is about 2/3 done. In defense, I did crochet one for my mother-in-law. I started and finished that one in between panels of the first one . . that isn't finished yet. I also have a quilt top to quilt. One that I did and one that my grandmother did. She has been dead for some time (at least 30 years) so that is another project that is languishing. Oh, and I started another one for my son and new daughter-in-law. They have been married for a couple years now. It was supposed to be a wedding present. Sigh. That reminds me. . . where did I put that doily I started a few years back . . . it was up on the washer . . . maybe I could finish that one while I am at it. As I recall I just had to make the edging. Hope I can find the pattern. My idea was to make things throughout the year and put them back in a box labeled for giving. I did that this year too but I . . can't . . . find . . . the . . . box.

1 comment:

  1. So, I am not the only one with UFO's lurking about. We should have a finishing party sometime (why, oh, WHY do I keep trying to spell party with an "i"???) Anyway, I guess in a perverse way, I am happy to know I am not the only one with oodles 'o stuff yet undone. Oh, and you realize I have a bloggy award for you, right?

    Cat

    ReplyDelete